- 1 leg of lamb (6 to 9 pounds), trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cut 12-14 slits 1/2 in. deep in roast. Combine garlic, thyme, marjoram, oregano, salt and pepper; spoon 2 teaspoons into the slits. Brush roast with oil; rub with remaining herb mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-3 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done 170°;). Let meat stand 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Roast Leg of Lamb in Taste of Home October/November 1997, p53
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Roast Leg of Lamb(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Lamb >
- Lamb Recipes >
- Leg of Lamb Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >