Roast Leg of Lamb
"A simple herb mixture on this roast provides irresistible flavor," relates Sharon Cusson of Augusta, Maine.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 2 hours + standing
- 1 leg of lamb (6 to 9 pounds), trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cut 12-14 slits 1/2
- in. deep in roast. Combine garlic, thyme, marjoram, oregano, salt
- and pepper; spoon 2 teaspoons into the slits. Brush roast with oil;
- rub with remaining herb mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-3 hours or until meat reaches
- desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read
- 145°; medium, 160°; well-done 170°;). Let meat stand 15
- minutes before slicing. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (8 ounces) equals 190 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a