Roast Leg of Lamb Recipe
- 1 leg of lamb (6 to 9 pounds), trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cut 12-14 slits 1/2 in. deep in roast. Combine garlic, thyme, marjoram, oregano, salt and pepper; spoon 2 teaspoons into the slits. Brush roast with oil; rub with remaining herb mixture.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-3 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done 170°;). Let meat stand 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (8 ounces) equals 190 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.