Roast Leg of Lamb with Rosemary
Roast lamb is perfect for Eastertime or any special occasion. This succulent dish calls for a flavorful rosemary, garlic and onion rub.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 2 hours + standing
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bone-in leg of lamb (5 to 6 pounds), trimmed
- Preheat oven to 325°. Combine the oil, rosemary, onion, garlic,
- salt and pepper; rub over lamb. Place fat side up on a rack in a
- shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat reaches desired
- doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°;
- medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with
- pan juices. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 6 ounces cooked meat equals 212 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat.