- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bone-in leg of lamb (5 to 6 pounds), trimmed
- Preheat oven to 325°. Combine the oil, rosemary, onion, garlic, salt and pepper; rub over lamb. Place fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with pan juices. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Roast Leg of Lamb with Rosemary
"I have made this for company and it was well received. Rosemary and lamb are such a nice pairing. The second time I made this I served it with a quick balsamic vinegar reduction. This is definitely a dish you will be proud to serve."
"easy and flavorful. A 7-pound leg cooked to medium rare in 2-1/2 hours."