Roast Goose with Sweet Glaze Recipe
While goose is thought of as a traditional Christmas entree, some people do not care for the all dark meat bird. My recipe will change their mind in one bite. The sweet citrus glaze compliments the rich, juicy meat perfectly. —Colleen Sturma, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 1 domestic goose (10 to 12 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 small navel oranges, quartered
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Sprinkle goose and inside cavity with salt. Prick skin well with a fork. Place the oranges, onion and garlic in cavity. Tuck wings under goose; tie drumsticks together. Place breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 180°. Cover loosely with foil if goose browns too quickly. If necessary, drain fat from pan as it accumulates.
- In a small saucepan, combine the marmalade, mustard, soy sauce, brown sugar and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. During the last 15 minutes of cooking, baste some of the glaze over goose.
- Place goose on a serving platter; cover and let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Just before serving, brush with remaining glaze. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Roast Goose with Sweet Glaze in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p10
Reviews for Roast Goose with Sweet Glaze(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review