- 1 domestic goose (10 to 12 pounds)
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups chopped peeled apples
- 2 cups raisins
- 8 cups cubed day-old white bread
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup water
- Sprinkle the inside of the goose with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Prick skin well. In a skillet, saute celery and onion in butter; transfer to a bowl. Add the apples, raisins, bread, sugar and remaining salt.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, cider and water. Pour over bread mixture and toss lightly. Stuff into the goose. Place with breast side up on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. Drain fat from pan as it accumulates. Remove stuffing before carving goose. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Roast Goose with Apple-Raisin Stuffing in Taste of Home October/November 1996, p31
Reviews for Roast Goose with Apple-Raisin Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review