- vegetables in oil. Stir in broth, seasonings and stuffing.
- Loosely stuff duck with stuffing mixture. Skewer neck opening; tie
- drumsticks together with kitchen string. Place breast side up on a
- rack in a large shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 2-1/2 to 3-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads
- 180° for the duck and 165° for the stuffing. Drain fat from
- pan as it accumulates. Cover loosely with foil if duck browns too
- quickly. Cover and let stand 20 minutes before removing stuffing and
- Meanwhile, for glaze, combine sugars, cornstarch and salt in a
- saucepan. Gradually stir in orange juice, peel and hot pepper sauce
- until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Serve with duck. Yield: 4 servings (4 cups stuffing).
Nutritional Facts: 8 ounces cooked meat with 1 cup stuffing equals 1,039 calories, 54 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 154 mg cholesterol, 1,377 mg sodium, 93 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 42 g protein.