Roast Christmas Goose Recipe
I have such fond childhood memories of Christmas dinner and my mother serving a golden brown Christmas goose. To flavor the meat, Mom stuffed the bird with peeled and quartered fruit that's discarded after baking. -Rosemarie Forcum White Stone, Virginia
- 1 domestic goose (10 to 12 pounds)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 medium apple, peeled and quartered
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and quartered
- 1 medium lemon, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup hot water
- 1. Sprinkle the goose cavity with salt and pepper. Place the apple, orange and lemon in the cavity. Place goose breast side up on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. Prick skin well with a fork. Pour water into pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2-1/4 to 3 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. If necessary, drain fat from pan as it accumulates. Cover goose with foil and let stand for 20 minutes before carving. Discard fruit. Yield: 8 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 376 calories, 26g fat (8g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Roast Christmas Goose
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC