Love a moist and tender chicken but not the mess of actual roasting? Use an oven cooking bag to keep chicken and veggies easily under control. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Featured In: 23 Chicken and Vegetable Recipes
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 large oven roasting bag
- 8 small red potatoes, halved
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 6 half-ears frozen corn on the cob, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika, divided
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs or 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 roasting chicken (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Sprinkle flour into oven bag; shake to coat. Add potatoes, carrots, corn, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/8 teaspoon paprika. Shake bag to coat vegetables; place in a 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Place onion and rosemary sprigs in cavity of chicken. Rub skin with oil; sprinkle with minced rosemary and remaining salt, pepper and paprika. Skewer chicken openings; tie drumsticks together. Place chicken in center of bag, breast side up; place vegetables around chicken.
- Cut six 1/2-in. slits in top of bag; close with tie provided. Bake 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°. Let stand in oven bag 15 minutes before carving. Discard onion and rosemary sprigs. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Roast Chicken with Vegetables in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p53
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Roast Chicken with Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review