Roast Chicken Breasts with Peppers Recipe
This is a winner in our household. I’m in love with it, too, because this dish goes from start to finish in nearly no time. —Melissa Galinat, Lakeland, Florida
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 3/4 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 large sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1. In a large dry skillet, toast the fennel, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, garlic powder and oregano over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until aromatic, stirring frequently. Cool slightly. Sprinkle over chicken.
- 2. In the same skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- 3. Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in the same skillet. Add peppers and shallots; cook and stir over medium heat until crisp-tender.
- 4. Add broth and rosemary, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook for 4-6 minutes or until broth is almost evaporated. Stir in vinegar and remaining salt and pepper. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC