Roast Chicken Breasts with Peppers Recipe
- 3/4 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 large sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- In a large dry skillet, toast the fennel, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, garlic powder and oregano over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until aromatic, stirring frequently. Cool slightly. Sprinkle over chicken.
- In the same skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in the same skillet. Add peppers and shallots; cook and stir over medium heat until crisp-tender.
- Add broth and rosemary, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook for 4-6 minutes or until broth is almost evaporated. Stir in vinegar and remaining salt and pepper. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Roast Chicken Breasts with Peppers(3)
Sort By :
i love to prepare this recipe
This recipe was so easy to make and it was delicious. I served it with Noodle Rice Pilaf; a real hit with my husband. I will definitely be making this again!
Very good and easy to make! Will be making this again for sure!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Baking Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >