Having eaten home-raised beef all of my life, I've learned to cook all the various cuts. This flavorful roast gets Italian flair from oregano and garlic.—Jeanne Murray, Scottsbluff, Nebraska
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups hot water
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium bell peppers, julienned
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In a Dutch oven, brown roast on all sides in oil over medium-high heat; drain. Combine the water, bouillon, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper; pour over roast.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 3 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast to a warm serving platter. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute peppers in butter until tender. Serve peppers and pan juices with the roast. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Roast Beef with Peppers in Taste of Home April/May 2000, p44
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Roast Beef with Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review