Roast Beef with Onion au Jus Recipe
- 2 beef eye round roasts (about 3 pounds each)
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 cups water
- Additional water or beef broth
- 1 envelope au jus gravy mix
- 1. With a sharp knife, make four slits in the top of each roast and insert garlic cloves into slits.
- 2. In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, brown roast on all sides in oil; drain. Rub soup mix over meat. Add water; cover and bake at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until tender.
- 3. Remove meat from cooking liquid; cool meat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Skim fat from cooking liquid; refrigerate in a covered container.
- 4. Slice beef 1/4 in. thick, set aside. Pour cooking liquid into a large measuring cup. If needed, add enough water or beef broth to measure 3 cups.
- 5. In a Dutch oven, combine au jus mix and reserved cooking liquid until smooth. Cook and stir over medium until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat; add sliced beef and reheat on low for 15-20 minutes. Yield: 18-20 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Roast Beef with Onion au Jus
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.