Roast Beef with Mushroom Sauce Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 8 slices leftover cooked roast beef
- 1. In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Saute onion for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and saute 2-3 minutes. Stir in the flour and seasonings. Add broth and ketchup. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes. Add beef and heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 146 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 740mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein .
Reviews for Roast Beef with Mushroom Sauce
"My husband and I really enjoyed this recipe. For quicker preparation, I used a package of already cooked roast beef from Costco and it was quick and delicious. This is good over potatoes or rice."