Roast Beef with Gravy Recipe
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 2 cups cold water
- Hot mashed potatoes
- Cut roast in half; rub with 1/4 cup flour. Place in 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine soup and gravy mixes with remaining flour; stir in water until blended. Pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Slice roast; serve with mashed potatoes and gravy. Yield: 16 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Roast Beef with Gravy
Sort By :
Simple & delicious. I make this often for my family
The flour that states in the recipe will not mix with the other ingredients. I have had better.
I've made this recipe with beef, pork, and turkey and it always comes out delicious. Sometimes I also add some quartered potatoes to the slow cooker. This is a very versatile recipe and so easy!
I agree with the previous posts, this roast falls apart. I really enjoyed it, very tender. the gravy was no fuss and was also very good. enjoyed!
I make this recipe quite often! I never have cut the roast in half, so not sure it makes a difference? I also have used sirloin steak instead of the roast. Just as good! Also, I've substituted the brown gravy mix with herb gravy mix for just a lil extra flavor.