Roast Beef with Gravy Recipe
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 2 cups cold water
- Hot mashed potatoes
- 1. Cut roast in half; rub with 1/4 cup flour. Place in 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine soup and gravy mixes with remaining flour; stir in water until blended. Pour over roast.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Slice roast; serve with mashed potatoes and gravy. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 163 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 337 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.