Roast Beef with Gravy Recipe
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 2 cups cold water
- Hot mashed potatoes
- 1. Cut roast in half; rub with 1/4 cup flour. Place in 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine soup and gravy mixes with remaining flour; stir in water until blended. Pour over roast.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Slice roast; serve with mashed potatoes and gravy. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving: 163 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 337mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Roast Beef with Gravy
"Simple & delicious. I make this often for my family"
"The flour that states in the recipe will not mix with the other ingredients. I have had better."
"I agree with the previous posts, this roast falls apart. I really enjoyed it, very tender. the gravy was no fuss and was also very good. enjoyed!"
"I make this recipe quite often! I never have cut the roast in half, so not sure it makes a difference? I also have used sirloin steak instead of the roast. Just as good! Also, I've substituted the brown gravy mix with herb gravy mix for just a lil extra flavor."
"It was very easy to make - literally took 5 minutes to put together. I used a lesser cut of meat and it was like shoe leather - but the gravy on the salvageable parts of the roast was very taste. I added a sliced onion on top of the roast, as I like them cooked along with it. I will definitely try it again with a sirloin tip roast."
"I think you cut it in half to fit in the crockpot?"
"Hi Tracy;I am from Adams Friendship and now live in Phoenix.Az. I have made this for years and it is wonderful. Thanks for reminding me."
"why must you cut the roast in 1/2?"
"Thank you, Tracy, for the recipe. Had for dinner couple nights ago -- absolutely delicious!!!Joscey from Oxford, NY"