Roast Beef with Gravy
"Start this simple roast in the morning and you'll have savory slices of meat and gravy ready at suppertime," writes Tracy Ashbeck of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. The tender beef is loaded with homemade taste and leaves plenty for main dishes later in the week.
16 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, divided
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 2 cups cold water
- Hot mashed potatoes
- Cut roast in half; rub with 1/4 cup flour. Place in 5-qt. slow
- cooker. In a small bowl, combine soup and gravy mixes with remaining
- flour; stir in water until blended. Pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Slice
- roast; serve with mashed potatoes and gravy. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 163 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 337 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.