"Start this simple roast in the morning and you'll have savory slices of meat and gravy ready at suppertime," writes Tracy Ashbeck of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. The tender beef is loaded with homemade taste and leaves plenty for main dishes later in the week.
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 2 cups cold water
- Hot mashed potatoes
- Cut roast in half; rub with 1/4 cup flour. Place in 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine soup and gravy mixes with remaining flour; stir in water until blended. Pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Slice roast; serve with mashed potatoes and gravy. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Roast Beef with Gravy in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p36
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Roast Beef with Gravy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review