Roast Beef with Chive Roasted Potatoes Recipe
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked roast beef
- 1 cup beef gravy
- 1. Place potatoes in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with chives and 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions and mushrooms in butter until tender. Add the garlic, rosemary, pepper and remaining salt; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in wine. Add beef and gravy; heat through. Serve with potatoes. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 379 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 591mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein .
Reviews for Roast Beef with Chive Roasted Potatoes
"Great recipe! It looked so good I actually bought roast to cook it just for this. Definitely a keeper!"
"This is the best recipe for leftover roast beef I have come across. At the price of roast beef these days, who wouldn't want to try it!!! We love it."
"Made this over and over again. Easy & everyone loves it."
"Dissapointed in this recipe."
"good easy dinner!"
"WE ALL LOLVE THIS QUICK & TASTY RENDITION USING LEFTOVER ROAST. I TAKE IT TO CHURCH POTLUCKS & THERE IS NEVER A MORSEL LEFT OVER. THANKS!!!"
"This is now one of our favorites! I use 1/2 the amount of mushrooms called for but I absolutely recommend this recipe!"
"Awesome flavors with so little fuss! I took it to a friend and her family and both of our families thought it was divine! Thanks for such a delicious, easy recipe!"
"Fussy husband loved this. Used the German style beef roast from the magazine the first night then used the leftovers for this. Skipped the mushrooms as we don't like them."
"Made this from planned leftover article: German-style roast was great, but the beef part of this recipe was delicious! Next time will serve over mashed potatoes or rice as roasted potatoes didn't do the beef justice."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.