Roast Beef with Chive Roasted Potatoes Recipe
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked roast beef
- 1 cup beef gravy
- 1. Place potatoes in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with chives and 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions and mushrooms in butter until tender. Add the garlic, rosemary, pepper and remaining salt; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in wine. Add beef and gravy; heat through. Serve with potatoes. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup beef mixture with 2/3 cup potatoes equals 379 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 591 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Roast Beef with Chive Roasted Potatoes
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.