- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked roast beef
- 1 cup beef gravy
- Place potatoes in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with chives and 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onions and mushrooms in butter until tender. Add the garlic, rosemary, pepper and remaining salt; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in wine. Add beef and gravy; heat through. Serve with potatoes. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Roast Beef with Chive Roasted Potatoes
Sort By :
"This is the best recipe for leftover roast beef I have come across. At the price of roast beef these days, who wouldn't want to try it!!! We love it."
"Made this over and over again. Easy & everyone loves it."
"Dissapointed in this recipe."
"good easy dinner!"
"WE ALL LOLVE THIS QUICK & TASTY RENDITION USING LEFTOVER ROAST. I TAKE IT TO CHURCH POTLUCKS & THERE IS NEVER A MORSEL LEFT OVER. THANKS!!!"