Roast Beef Soup Recipe
If your family's like mine, you have to disguise leftovers in order for anyone to eat them! This special soup turns leftovers into a lively meal.
- 2 pounds cubed cooked roast beef
- 1-1/4 cups chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4-1/2 cups water
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef au jus gravy
- 1 cup leftover beef gravy or 1 can (10-1/4 ounces) beef gravy
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1. In a 3-qt. saucepan, saute beef and onions in oil until onions are tender. Add the next eight ingredients; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- 2. Stir in lentils; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Add vegetables; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until lentils and vegetables are tender. Remove bay leaves. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup equals 409 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 747 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 50 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC