Roast Beef Sandwich Roll Recipe
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 8 to 10 ounces thinly sliced deli roast beef, julienned
- 2 cups (8 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. Combine loaves of dough and shape into one ball. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 90 minutes.
- 2. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the red pepper, onion, garlic salt and Italian seasoning. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute or until vegetables are tender.
- 3. Punch dough down. On a lightly floured surface, roll into a 15-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Combine the beef, cheese and red pepper mixture; spread over the dough to within 1/2 in of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long edge; pinch seams and ends to seal. Place seam side down on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat egg white and water; brush over dough. Cut a slit with a sharp knife in top of dough. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 299 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 877mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Roast Beef Sandwich Roll
"I had some leftover roast beef and wanted to make this recipe, but I didn't have the frozen bread dough. So, instead I used the dough recipe from "Cheesy Sausage Loaf." I also substituted american cheese since that's all I had and it was kind of like a Philly cheese steak roll. Very good."
"Excellent recipe for quick appetizers or a simple meal without a lot of fuss. Very flavorful and doesn't take a lot of time to bake. A+"