I'm a teacher and am always looking for quick and delicious recipes. I like how easy this sandwich roll can be put together.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 8 to 10 ounces thinly sliced deli roast beef, julienned
- 2 cups (8 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- Combine loaves of dough and shape into one ball. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 90 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the red pepper, onion, garlic salt and Italian seasoning. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute or until vegetables are tender.
- Punch dough down. On a lightly floured surface, roll into a 15-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Combine the beef, cheese and red pepper mixture; spread over the dough to within 1/2 in of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long edge; pinch seams and ends to seal. Place seam side down on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, beat egg white and water; brush over dough. Cut a slit with a sharp knife in top of dough. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Roast Beef Sandwich Roll in Country August/September 2001, p51
Reviews forRoast Beef Sandwich Roll
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 23, 2015