- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 8 to 10 ounces thinly sliced deli roast beef, julienned
- 2 cups (8 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- Combine loaves of dough and shape into one ball. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 90 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the red pepper, onion, garlic salt and Italian seasoning. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute or until vegetables are tender.
- Punch dough down. On a lightly floured surface, roll into a 15-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Combine the beef, cheese and red pepper mixture; spread over the dough to within 1/2 in of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long edge; pinch seams and ends to seal. Place seam side down on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, beat egg white and water; brush over dough. Cut a slit with a sharp knife in top of dough. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Roast Beef Sandwich Roll in Country August/September 2001, p51
Reviews for Roast Beef Sandwich Roll
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 9, 2011
"Excellent recipe for quick appetizers or a simple meal without a lot of fuss. Very flavorful and doesn't take a lot of time to bake. A+"