Roast Beef Quiche Recipe
I took a traditional quiche recipe and adapted it by replacing the ham with beef. It is a great way to use left over beef roast or steak.—Glenda Parsonage, Maple Creek, Saskatchewan
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1-3/4 cups finely chopped cooked roast beef
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon each dill weed, dried basil and dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes; remove foil. Bake 5 minutes longer. Reduce heat to 375°. Sprinkle beef and onions into the crust.
- 2. In a bowl, beat the flour and eggs until smooth. Add milk, steak sauce and seasonings; beat until smooth. Stir in cheese and green pepper. Pour into crust.
- 3. Bake for 25 minutes or until center is set. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving equals 346 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 174 mg cholesterol, 370 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Roast Beef Quiche
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC