Roast Beef Potpie Recipe
Everyone in the family will want a piece of this pie, and every home cook will appreciate a helping hand from packaged beef roast and refrigerated pie pastry. —Patricia Myers, Maryville, Tennessee
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 10 fresh baby carrots, chopped
- 6 small red potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (17 ounces) refrigerated beef roast au jus, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the carrots, potatoes and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Add the beef roast, cilantro, salt and pepper. Combine flour and broth until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Transfer to a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Place pie pastry over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry; brush with egg. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece equals 402 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 700 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC