- 10 fresh baby carrots, chopped
- 6 small red potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (17 ounces) refrigerated beef roast au jus, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a large skillet, saute the carrots, potatoes and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Add the beef roast, cilantro, salt and pepper. Combine flour and broth until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Transfer to a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Place pie pastry over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry; brush with egg. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Roast Beef Potpie
"This was delicious and easy to make. I used left over pot roast. I made my own crust (shortening, flour & water) and added peas and squash. My fiance raved about it! I think next timeI will try to crust to the bottom, too."
"We really liked this one. I was leery about the cilantro though so I used tarragon instead. Italian seasoning would be good too."
"I've made this twice now, my family loved it! So easy to make. I did leave out the cilantro because I don't like it. I will make this often"
"My family loved this recipe. The only thing I altered was I added frozen peas, which really added some color. My family did think that it could use more crust so next time I'll line the pie plate with a crust. I think this would be a great receipe for leftover pot roast."
"Great recipe! Instead of the premade roast beef, we used a slow cooked corned beef (16 oz.) that we had done a couple days earlier. It was fabulous!! This ones definitely on the to make again list."