Everyone in the family will want a piece of this pie, and every home cook will appreciate a helping hand from packaged beef roast and refrigerated pie pastry. —Patricia Myers, Maryville, Tennessee
- 10 fresh baby carrots, chopped
- 6 small red potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (17 ounces) refrigerated beef roast au jus, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a large skillet, saute the carrots, potatoes and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Add the beef roast, cilantro, salt and pepper. Combine flour and broth until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Transfer to a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Place pie pastry over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry; brush with egg. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Roast Beef Potpie in Simple & Delicious February/March 2012, p34
Reviews for Roast Beef Potpie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review