- 10 fresh baby carrots, chopped
- 6 small red potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (17 ounces) refrigerated beef roast au jus, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a large skillet, saute the carrots, potatoes and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Add the beef roast, cilantro, salt and pepper. Combine flour and broth until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Transfer to a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Place pie pastry over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry; brush with egg. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Roast Beef Potpie
"This was delicious and easy to make. I used left over pot roast. I made my own crust (shortening, flour & water) and added peas and squash. My fiance raved about it! I think next timeI will try to crust to the bottom, too."
"We really liked this one. I was leery about the cilantro though so I used tarragon instead. Italian seasoning would be good too."
"I've made this twice now, my family loved it! So easy to make. I did leave out the cilantro because I don't like it. I will make this often"
"My family loved this recipe. The only thing I altered was I added frozen peas, which really added some color. My family did think that it could use more crust so next time I'll line the pie plate with a crust. I think this would be a great receipe for leftover pot roast."
"Taste was excellent. Very easy to assemble. Could add pie crust to the skillet and bake. One less pan to wash,"
"Great recipe! Instead of the premade roast beef, we used a slow cooked corned beef (16 oz.) that we had done a couple days earlier. It was fabulous!! This ones definitely on the to make again list."