Roast Beef Potato Salad
Move this hearty potato salad from the side of the table to the center- it's a meal in itself! As a cattle producer, I frequently work beef into my recipes, and this one is an all-time favorite.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds small red potatoes
- 2 cups julienned cooked roast beef
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 1 to 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 cups torn leaf lettuce
- In a large saucepan, cook potatoes in boiling salted water until
- tender, about 15 minutes. Cool slightly; cut into quarters. In a
- bowl, combine the warm potatoes, beef, onion and red pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, thyme, salt and cayenne.
- Pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least
- 2 hours. Serve over lettuce. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 209 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 333 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein.