Roast Beef Potato Planks Recipe
For an appetizer that's more like a meal, I deep-fry potato slices and then top them with roast beef and cheese before baking. Sun-dried tomatoes add appealing color.—Michaela Rosenthal, Woodland Hills, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + standing Broil: 5 min. YIELD:30 servings
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1-1/2 pounds shaved deli roast beef
- 1 pound white cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cut potatoes lengthwise into 1/4-in. slices; cover with cold water and let stand for 30 minutes.
- 2. Drain potatoes and pat dry with paper towels. In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry potatoes, a few at a time, for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- 3. Top potato slices with roast beef and cheese; place on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon over the tops. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 126 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC