For an appetizer that's more like a meal, I deep-fry potato slices and then top them with roast beef and cheese before baking. Sun-dried tomatoes add appealing color.—Michaela Rosenthal, Woodland Hills, California
Recommended: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1-1/2 pounds shaved deli roast beef
- 1 pound white cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut potatoes lengthwise into 1/4-in. slices; cover with cold water and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and pat dry with paper towels. In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry potatoes, a few at a time, for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Top potato slices with roast beef and cheese; place on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon over the tops. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Roast Beef Potato Planks in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p36
Reviews for Roast Beef Potato Planks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review