Roast Beef Pizza
A crust made from convenient frozen bread dough is the key to this easy second-day main dish shared by Janet Fitzpatrick of Essex Junction, Vermont. Leftover roast beef and fresh vegetables get a boost from a mild marinade.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chopped fully cooked roast beef
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium green or sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- In a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass dish, combine oil,
- vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Add beef, onion, green pepper and
- mushrooms; toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, let dough rise at room temperature for 1 hour. Punch
- dough down and roll into a 14-in. circle. Transfer to a greased
- 14-in. circle. Transfer to a greased 14-in. pizza pan. Drain and
- discard marinade; arrange beef and vegetables over crust. Bake at
- 375° for 30-40 minutes. Yield: 8 slices.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 295 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 521 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,