Roast Beef Pizza Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chopped fully cooked roast beef
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium green or sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass dish, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Add beef, onion, green pepper and mushrooms; toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. Meanwhile, let dough rise at room temperature for 1 hour. Punch dough down and roll into a 14-in. circle. Transfer to a greased 14-in. circle. Transfer to a greased 14-in. pizza pan. Drain and discard marinade; arrange beef and vegetables over crust. Bake at 375° for 30-40 minutes. Yield: 8 slices.
1 slice: 295 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 521mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Roast Beef Pizza
"Easy to make and delicious. This is my husband's favorite way to eat leftover roast beef. Whenever I make a roast, he gets all excited, knowing that roast beef pizza will follow soon."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.