- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chopped fully cooked roast beef
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium green or sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- In a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass dish, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Add beef, onion, green pepper and mushrooms; toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, let dough rise at room temperature for 1 hour. Punch dough down and roll into a 14-in. circle. Transfer to a greased 14-in. circle. Transfer to a greased 14-in. pizza pan. Drain and discard marinade; arrange beef and vegetables over crust. Bake at 375° for 30-40 minutes. Yield: 8 slices.
Originally published as Roast Beef Pizza in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p43
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Roast Beef Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2010
"Easy to make and delicious. This is my husband's favorite way to eat leftover roast beef. Whenever I make a roast, he gets all excited, knowing that roast beef pizza will follow soon."