Roast Beef Garden Pitas Recipe
- 3 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- 1/3 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Line pita halves with roast beef. In a small bowl, combine the broccoli, corn, cucumber, carrot, celery and onion.
- 2. In another bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Pour over vegetable mixture; toss to coat. Fill pita halves. Yield: 3 servings.
1 filled pita half: 172 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 579mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 lean meat, 0 fat.