Ann Nolte of Hampton, Virginia relies on cumin, taco sauce and red pepper flakes to season these savory south-of-the-border sensations. "The recipe is a great way to spice up leftover roast," she says.
Featured In: 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Recipes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups chopped cooked roast beef
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) taco sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 6 flour tortillas (7 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese and lettuce, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, roast beef, taco sauce, chilies, cumin and red pepper flakes if desired. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until thickened.
- Spoon about 2/3 cup down the center of each tortilla; fold over sides and ends. Serve with cheese and lettuce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Roast Beef Burritos in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p34
Reviews for Roast Beef Burritos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review