Roast Beef Barbecue
When I'm in a hurry and want something good, this sandwich fills the bill. It tastes great with a salad and pork and beans on the side. Instead of using ketchup, I occasionally use barbecue sauce with a little Tabasco for extra zip.
More BBQ Beef Recipes »
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2/3 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- In a small saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Cook over
- medium-high heat for 4-6 minutes or until heated through. Serve on
- buns, using a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 286 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 1,592 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.