Roast Beef and Pear Crostini Recipe
My friends request these each time we get together. They have an unexpected flavor combination that everyone falls in love with.—Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, Michigan
- 1 French bread baguette (1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 1 medium pear, diced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 cups cubed cooked roast beef
- 1 cup diced seeded tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1. Cut baguette into 40 slices. Combine oil and garlic; brush over one side of each slice of bread. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 6-9 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- 2. Combine the salad dressing, pear and onions. Combine the roast beef, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Spread dressing mixture over toasted bread; top with beef mixture and basil. Yield: 40 appetizers.
1 serving equals 106 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 168 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC