My friends request these each time we get together. They have an unexpected flavor combination that everyone falls in love with.—Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, Michigan
Recommended: 40 Appetizers for Fall Celebrations
- 1 French bread baguette (1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 1 medium pear, diced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 cups cubed cooked roast beef
- 1 cup diced seeded tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Cut baguette into 40 slices. Combine oil and garlic; brush over one side of each slice of bread. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 6-9 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Combine the salad dressing, pear and onions. Combine the roast beef, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Spread dressing mixture over toasted bread; top with beef mixture and basil. Yield: 40 appetizers.
Originally published as Roast Beef and Pear Crostini in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p81
Reviews for Roast Beef and Pear Crostini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review