"This is by far the simplest way to make roast beef and gravy," assures Abby Metzger of Larchwood, Iowa. "On busy days, I can put this main dish in the slow cooker and forget about it. My family likes it with mashed potatoes and fruit salad."
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup sherry or beef broth
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Cut roast in half; place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over roast.
Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
Freeze option: Place sliced pot roast in freezer containers; top with cooking juices. Cool and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a covered saucepan, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Roast Beef and Gravy in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p53
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Roast Beef and Gravy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review