Roast Beef and Gravy Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup sherry or beef broth
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Cut roast in half; place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 8-10 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Roast Beef and Gravy
Sort By :
Very good. I took 2 cans of mushroom soup and mixed in 1 can of french onion soup. I didn't use the broth, sherry or dry soup mix. I browned the roast first. Also only cooked for 5 hours. Our slow cooker cooks fast. Very good meal.
So yummy and easy! A keeper for sure.
I made this with beef broth instead of sherry. It was very good.
So yummy & so easy!
I used a can of mushroom soup and a can of French onion soup, and the sherry. I did not use the onion soup mix. It was fabulous! Just an FYI, in the comments they are saying they braised the roast before they put it in the slow cooker. I do believe they meant SEARED or BROWNED the roast before it went in the slow cooker.