Roast Beef and Gravy Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup sherry or beef broth
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Cut roast in half; place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Roast Beef and Gravy
Sort By :
"My kids are super picky eaters. I did NOT tell them this was made with mushrooms and onions. The gravy was awesome and they kept coming back for more - even hours later after I had put the leftovers in the fridge. My crock pot was done with the 3 lbs. of beef in 4 hours on low (as indicated by the pop up timer in the beef). By the time we ate the beef was a little dry but the gravy made up for it. Can't wait to make it again with a couple hours less cooking time. And it's REALLY quick and easy to prepare."
"Very good. I took 2 cans of mushroom soup and mixed in 1 can of french onion soup. I didn't use the broth, sherry or dry soup mix. I browned the roast first. Also only cooked for 5 hours. Our slow cooker cooks fast. Very good meal."
"So yummy and easy! A keeper for sure."
"I made this with beef broth instead of sherry. It was very good."
"So yummy & so easy!"