Roast Beef and Gravy
"This is by far the simplest way to make roast beef and gravy," assures Abby Metzger of Larchwood, Iowa. "On busy days, I can put this main dish in the slow cooker and forget about it. My family likes it with mashed potatoes and fruit salad."
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup sherry or beef broth
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Cut roast in half; place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl,
- combine the remaining ingredients; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Yield:
- 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 267 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 517 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.