Roast Beef and Gravy Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup sherry or beef broth
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1. Cut roast in half; place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over roast.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving equals 267 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 517 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.