- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 3/4 pound ground turkey or beef
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dill pickle relish
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Optional garnishes: mayonnaise, additional pickle relish, crumbled cooked bacon, and chopped onion and tomato
- Unroll pastry into a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate; flute edges and set aside. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, onion, relish and bacon. Transfer to prepared pastry.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, milk, mustard, pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Pour over beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Garnish with optional ingredients if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Roadside Diner Cheeseburger Quiche
Sort By :
Delicious! Like others, I used a frozen deep-dish pie crust and realized I really could have made two with the amounts stated in the recipe. I used half and half instead of heavy cream. Next time I will try carmelizing the onions. Mmmm!
Made 2 of these because we had company over and it was a huge hit! I served a tossed salad to go with it.. My family and my in-laws loved it so much they said I could make it again .
This tastes exactly the way I like my cheeseburger...with lots of dill pickles. Top with shredded lettuce, fresh tomato, and serve with a mixture of 1/2 ketchup & 1/2 mayo for dipping forkfuls. Yum!
We really enjoyed this. We've made it twice recently and kinds of "cheated" the last time by adding a can of drained RoTell tomatoes in stead of the fresh tomatoes and onions. Very nice
I used ground turkey, regular tomatoes and fat free half and half. It turned out very good.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >