Riverboat Barbecue Sauce Recipe
"Maple and orange are the flavors that accent this sweet and tangy sauce," says Barb Loftin of Florence, Kentucky. "My husband and I think it's the best barbecue sauce we've ever tasted. I gave it this name because we live near the Ohio River and love to watch the riverboats go by. The sauce is especially good on ribs or pork chops."
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 whole cloves
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine all the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until the flavors are blended. Remove from the heat. Discard cloves. Cool. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/3 cups.
2 tablespoons equals 61 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC