Riverboat Barbecue Sauce
"Maple and orange are the flavors that accent this sweet and tangy sauce," says Barb Loftin of Florence, Kentucky. "My husband and I think it's the best barbecue sauce we've ever tasted. I gave it this name because we live near the Ohio River and love to watch the riverboats go by. The sauce is especially good on ribs or pork chops."
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 whole cloves
- In a small saucepan, combine all the ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until the flavors
- are blended. Remove from the heat. Discard cloves. Cool. Store in
- the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 61 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.