- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 whole cloves
- In a small saucepan, combine all the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until the flavors are blended. Remove from the heat. Discard cloves. Cool. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/3 cups.
Reviews for Riverboat Barbecue Sauce
"Lost the original magazine recipe and glad I found it on-line. This is our favorite home made BBQ sauce. We omitted the pepper sauce, as we have a low "heat" tolerance."
"I only use this recipe for pulled pork and baby back ribs..everyone loves it. It's the best. Thanks for sharing!!!!!"
"Hot sweet thick and very good. I used it on slow cooked pork sandwiches. Very Good :)"
"Excellent sauce, I used it on grilled pork chops."
"I didn't have cloves, so I substituted with Allspice. Tasted great!"