River's Bend Blueberry Muffins Recipe
As the owner is a bed-and-breakfast, I'm always looking for new great-tasting breakfast recipes. So when I discovered this blueberry muffin recipe, it immediately became a "standard" with the country breakfast I serve my guests.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Combine eggs, butter, buttermilk and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Gently fold in blueberries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 255 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for River's Bend Blueberry Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC