As the owner is a bed-and-breakfast, I'm always looking for new great-tasting breakfast recipes. So when I discovered this blueberry muffin recipe, it immediately became a "standard" with the country breakfast I serve my guests.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Combine eggs, butter, buttermilk and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Gently fold in blueberries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Originally published as River's Bend Blueberry Muffins in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p72
Reviews for River's Bend Blueberry Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 22, 2014
"Used scant 1 tsp nutmeg and scant 1 tsp cinamon. Delicious."
Reviewed Oct. 3, 2008
"These are so good! I didn't care for the nutmeg flavor so I omitted it the second time I made them. Very Good!"