- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine or additional broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (4 to 4-1/2 inches), stems removed
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small saucepan, heat broth and water and keep warm. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the celery, carrots and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Add the rice, shallots and garlic; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in wine. Cook and stir until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add heated broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow the liquid to absorb between additions. Cook just until risotto is creamy and rice is almost tender. (Cooking time is about 20 minutes.) Remove from the heat; add Parmesan cheese and green onions. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Spritz mushrooms with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fill each with 1 cup risotto mixture and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Risotto-Stuffed Portobellos
Sort By :
"For a recipe that was thrown together at the last minute, this is absolutely fantastic! I used koshihikari (sweet sushi rice) and subbed green onion for the shallots (because that's what I had on hand), and the dish turned out amazing! Every one of my dinner guests asked for the recipe!"
"This took a bit of time, but this was one of the most delicious rissotto dishes I've ever had! Restaurant qualty!!!"