Risotto-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms Recipe
- 1 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 8 large portobello mushrooms (4 to 4-1/2 inches), stems removed
- 4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 large sweet onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups uncooked arborio rice
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place vinaigrette in a large resealable plastic bag; add the mushrooms. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place mushroom caps in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat broth and keep warm. In a Dutch oven, saute the onions, peppers, pine nuts and garlic in butter until tender, about 3 minutes. Add rice; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Carefully stir in 1 cup warm broth. Cook and stir until all of the broth is absorbed.
- Add remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow the liquid to absorb between additions. Cook until risotto is creamy and rice is almost tender. (Cooking time is about 20 minutes.)
- Stir in 1/2 cup cheese, parsley and pepper. Place 3/4 cup risotto in each mushroom cap. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Risotto-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p49
Reviews for Risotto-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review