- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- 2 cups panko (Japanese) bread crumbs, divided
- Marinara sauce, warmed
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large saucepan, combine water, rice and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 18-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Let stand, covered, 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; cool slightly. Add eggs and pesto; stir in 1 cup bread crumbs.
- Place remaining bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Shape rice mixture into 1-1/4-in. balls. Roll in bread crumbs, patting to help coating adhere. Place on greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with marinara sauce. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Risotto Balls (Arancini) in Country Woman December/January 2015
Reviews for Risotto Balls (Arancini)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review