Rippled Coffee Cake Recipe
In Portland, Tennessee, Jane Lear adds a fun layer of brown sugar and cinnamon to a yellow cake mix. "This delicious glazed treat is good for breakfast or dessert," she assures.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:16-20 servings
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the dry cake mix, sour cream, eggs and oil; beat well. Spread half of the batter into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Carefully spread remaining batter on top.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over warm cake. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 303 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC