Rippled Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the dry cake mix, sour cream, eggs and oil; beat well. Spread half of the batter into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Carefully spread remaining batter on top.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over warm cake. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 piece: 303 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Rippled Coffee Cake
"Wow! This sucker is sweet!!! All that icing may be gilding the lily a bit--next time, I might make a small amount of glaze and just drizzle over the top."
"This is an easy, delicious cake! I love that it starts with cake mix - makes it nice and fast to put together. It tastes so good! I sometimes add chopped walnuts or pecans to the brown sugar - cinnamon mixture."
"Delish. I'll use less cinnamon next time, though."
"This cake was so easy to make, and it comes out like a professional made it! I took one to a friend's birthday party and it was a HIT! I would have this cake for my birthday cake, anyday!!! So moist and sweet. I love it!"
"This was excellent. Super quick to make and very moist. Only change I made was using butter instead of canola oil. It is so sweet it is more like a dessert than a breakfast."
"I made this for a mother's day brunch and it got great reviews! I also cut the glaze amount in half. I thought the cake was sweet enough without it. I found spreading the top layer of cake mixture a little tricky but it didn't really matter if a little brown sugar got into the cake anyway. Very delicious!"
"This is always my go to recipe when my daughter comes home from college. I used to make it for her when she was in high school and she would take it to her friends. The cake is very moist. I think it is the best coffee cake around. I cut the glaze recipe in half. There is enough to drizzle on the cake."
"This is the best classic cinnamon coffee cake I have ever made. It is moist and delicious!"
"So, so good!! Family loves it!!! I used a butter pecan cake mix. Gave good flavor."
"I MAKE THIS ALL THE TIME. FOR CHURCH DINNERS, GET TOGETHERS, ECT. EASY AND SO GOOD"