Rippled Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the dry cake mix, sour cream, eggs and oil; beat well. Spread half of the batter into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Carefully spread remaining batter on top.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over warm cake. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 303 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Rippled Coffee Cake
"Wow! This sucker is sweet!!! All that icing may be gilding the lily a bit--next time, I might make a small amount of glaze and just drizzle over the top."
"This is an easy, delicious cake! I love that it starts with cake mix - makes it nice and fast to put together. It tastes so good! I sometimes add chopped walnuts or pecans to the brown sugar - cinnamon mixture."
"Delish. I'll use less cinnamon next time, though."
"This cake was so easy to make, and it comes out like a professional made it! I took one to a friend's birthday party and it was a HIT! I would have this cake for my birthday cake, anyday!!! So moist and sweet. I love it!"
"This was excellent. Super quick to make and very moist. Only change I made was using butter instead of canola oil. It is so sweet it is more like a dessert than a breakfast."
"I made this for a mother's day brunch and it got great reviews! I also cut the glaze amount in half. I thought the cake was sweet enough without it. I found spreading the top layer of cake mixture a little tricky but it didn't really matter if a little brown sugar got into the cake anyway. Very delicious!"
"This is always my go to recipe when my daughter comes home from college. I used to make it for her when she was in high school and she would take it to her friends. The cake is very moist. I think it is the best coffee cake around. I cut the glaze recipe in half. There is enough to drizzle on the cake."
"This is the best classic cinnamon coffee cake I have ever made. It is moist and delicious!"
"So, so good!! Family loves it!!! I used a butter pecan cake mix. Gave good flavor."
"I MAKE THIS ALL THE TIME. FOR CHURCH DINNERS, GET TOGETHERS, ECT. EASY AND SO GOOD"