- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the dry cake mix, sour cream, eggs and oil; beat well. Spread half of the batter into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Carefully spread remaining batter on top.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Combine icing ingredients; drizzle over warm cake. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Rippled Coffee Cake
Sort By :
Wow! This sucker is sweet!!! All that icing may be gilding the lily a bit--next time, I might make a small amount of glaze and just drizzle over the top.
This is an easy, delicious cake! I love that it starts with cake mix - makes it nice and fast to put together. It tastes so good! I sometimes add chopped walnuts or pecans to the brown sugar - cinnamon mixture.
Delish. I'll use less cinnamon next time, though.
This cake was so easy to make, and it comes out like a professional made it! I took one to a friend's birthday party and it was a HIT! I would have this cake for my birthday cake, anyday!!! So moist and sweet. I love it!
This was excellent. Super quick to make and very moist. Only change I made was using butter instead of canola oil. It is so sweet it is more like a dessert than a breakfast.