- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, divided
- 1 lean boneless top loin pork roast (3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Rub garlic, salt and 1/2 teaspoon chili powder over roast. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. In a small saucepan, combine the apple jelly, barbecue sauce and remaining chili powder; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Pour over roast. Bake 40-50 minutes longer or until a met thermometer reads 160°, basting occasionally. Remove roast and keep warm.
- Stir drippings in pan to loosen browned bits; pour into a 2-cup measuring cup. Skim fat. Add enough water to measure 1-1/4 cups. Transfer to a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; serve with the roast. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Rio Grande Pork Roast in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p39
Reviews for Rio Grande Pork Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 11, 2011
This is another 5-star pork recipe. We also like it using pork tenderloin.
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2010
This was VERY juicy and delicious!!
More Recipe Collections
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >