Rigatoni with Roasted Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked rigatoni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place sweet potatoes and onion in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Combine the garlic, oil, salt, sage and pepper; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Meanwhile, cook rigatoni according to package directions. In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in cream and wine. Bring to a gentle boil; cook for 10-12 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 4. Drain rigatoni; place in a large bowl. Add cream sauce, vegetables and walnuts; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups (calculated without Parmesan cheese) equals 626 calories, 42 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 518 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.